5 Replies Last post: Sep 30, 2011 12:25 AM by Yegor Yarko  
Kendrick Martin Newbie 7 posts since
Sep 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 22, 2011 12:54 AM

Pre-build step in VS project getting run as one line

Hello,
I'm currently looking at using TeamCity as a possible CI solution for my company. However, in trying to set up

I'm using TFS and MSBuild, and there a prebuild step in my proj files to cd to the $(ProjectDir) and then call ivy-retrieve to get the needed dependencies. If I just run msbuild on the command line, it all works fine, but running through Team City gives a return code of 1. I checked the Environment variables for my build agent and confirmed ivy was on the path. I did however notice that the error is "cd C:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\5ce14ed0e5dab9a\etc ivy-retrieve" exited with code 1. Does this indicate that TC is trying to run the whole bit as a single command?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michael Kuzmin JetBrains 1,554 posts since
Jul 30, 2005
Sep 22, 2011 1:12 PM in response to: Kendrick Martin
Re: Pre-build step in VS project getting run as one line

Hi

Could you post a screenshot of the build step settings please.

Yegor Yarko JetBrains 1,834 posts since
May 5, 2004
Sep 30, 2011 12:25 AM in response to: Kendrick Martin
Re: Pre-build step in VS project getting run as one line

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If the build runs OK when you run it from console but fails in TeamCity, you might need to doublecheck it's not the issue with the environment TeamCity agent runs in. Please see "Build fails in TeamCity but not locally" at http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/TCD65/Common+Problems

If it is confirmed as not environment issue, it would be helpful for us if you can send us an example .proj file that reproduces the issue.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...