1 Replies Last post: Nov 22, 2011 11:25 AM by Alexander Doroshko  
Alex Stanbury Newbie 4 posts since
Nov 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 21, 2011 7:34 PM

Setting up external SWCs

Try as I might I just cannot get my project to recognise external SWCs, I have tried everything I can think of in the module settings screens but nothing works.

Can someone give me a step by step on how to do it please? This seems a lot more complicated than FDT!

Alexander Doroshko JetBrains 1,349 posts since
Jun 9, 2009
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 22, 2011 11:31 AM in response to: Alex Stanbury
Re: Setting up external SWCs

1. Open Project Structure dialog:

• either use respective toolbar button
  • or File | Project Structure
  • or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S
  • or context menu on module node in Project View | Open Module Settings (F4)
  • or Build Configuration combo in toolbar | Configure project.

2. Find required module node in the left side of the dialog

3. Find required Build Configuration subnode

4. Open Dependencies tab of the build configuration

5. Click [+] button to the right from the table (or press Alt+Insert), choose Files...

6. Select SWC file(s) on the disk.

If you are going to use the same SWC file(s) for several modules or build configuration, or if you are going to configure sources or documentation for this 3rd party library you'll find Project Library and Global Library concepts useful. To configure Project or Global library press [+] button at the top left corner of the Project Structure dialog and select respective item. When Project or Global library is configured you'll be able to attach it to the build configuration. To do that at step 5 instead of Files... select Shared Library.

By the way usability is one of our main goals. Can you please tell which of steps above were obvious for you when you were playing with Astella, and which one was too difficult to guess? Do you have suggestions how to improve usability? Just wondering what have you tried to do to attach SWC?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...