8 Replies Last post: Dec 8, 2011 4:20 PM by Jorg Heymans  
Jorg Heymans Newbie 23 posts since
Jun 7, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2011 2:15 PM

can we please conclude that Weblogic 10.3.x is not supported by Idea 10.5 ?

Hi,

After having spent a lot of time trying every possible option to deploy a simple war file from 10.5 to a weblogic 10.3.4 configuration, i can only conclude that this is just not working / supported in the Idea. Deploying to 9.2 works fine, none of the 10.3(.3 .4 .5) instances i tried work. The forum reveals that this is an ongoing issue for several years even.

So i was hoping if one of the devs can just confirm that this feature is currently broken. It would save people a lot of time.

Thanks

Jorg

PS Has any work being done in the EAP on this ?

Nov 22, 2011 3:29 PM in response to: Jorg Heymans
Re: can we please conclude that Weblogic 10.3.x is not supported by Idea 10.5 ?

I've just tried WebLogic 10.3.5 in IDEA 10.5.2 and it seems to work: I've created a WebLogic Local run configuration, added a simple exploded war

artifact on 'Deployment' tab and pressed 'Run'.

Could you please provide a more detailed description of your problems?

--

Nikolay Chashnikov

Software Developer

JetBrains, Inc

http://www.jetbrains.com

"Develop with pleasure!"

Michael Golubev Newbie 54 posts since
Jun 24, 2010
Nov 22, 2011 9:25 PM in response to: Jorg Heymans
Re: can we please conclude that Weblogic 10.3.x is not supported by Idea 10.5 ?
Hello,

IDEA utilizes JMX protocol to manage WebLogic instances, similar to as described in
Absence of the 'Connected to server' on the IDEA server console marks there are some connection problems.
You may try to find what sort of in the following way:
1) add the following content:
<category name="#com.intellij.javaee.weblogic.runDebug.weblogicServerInstances.version9.Weblogic9AbstractInstance">
    <priority value="DEBUG"/> <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE-ALL"/>
   </category>
into the <IDEA home>/bin/log.xml right before <root> node at the end, so the end of file should look like:
  <category name="#com.intellij.javaee.weblogic.runDebug.weblogicServerInstances.version9.Weblogic9AbstractInstance">
    <priority value="DEBUG"/> <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE-ALL"/>
   </category>
  <root>
    <priority value="INFO"/>
    <appender-ref ref="DIALOG"/>
     <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE-WARN"/>    <!--  $COMMENT_LINE_FOR_TEST_MODE$ If a line contains such macro, it will be  deleted then we start IDEA in JUnit Test mode -->
     <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>
  </root>
</log4j:configuration>

2) restart IDEA if it was started already
3) start WebLogic IDEA run configuration and wait until it is fully started
4) check IDEA log (<user home>/.IntelliJIdea10/system/log/idea.log) for relevant entries
Even in case of successful connection, you may see some entries like
[  44736]  DEBUG - ion9.Weblogic9AbstractInstance - 
java.io.IOException
...<several caused-by>...
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination
which are written into the log while server is starting

Regards,
Michael
Michael Golubev Newbie 54 posts since
Jun 24, 2010

Hello,

The last exception with java.net.ProtocolException: unrecognized response from proxy: 'HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden'; No available router to destination]

in the stacktrace looks like caused by your  proxy.
I suspect the proxy may cache the error response during the IDEA  session, and clear the cache on IDEA restart.
I would recommend not to use a proxy if possible, or try to tune it not to cache the error response.
I can see similar issue with WebLogic over the web: https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2294744

Regards,
Michael

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...