This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts)
5 Replies Last post: Jan 18, 2012 2:06 AM by Marcin Erdmann  
Marcin Erdmann Newbie 3 posts since
Jan 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 13, 2012 2:37 PM

Registering to a tests finished event and native library dependencies in a plugin

I'm new to Idea plugin development and I have two questions. I plan to write a simple plugin that will display a gnome notification whenever my tests started in Idea finish executing.

First, is it possible to register to events like test execution finish in a custom plugin? If so, which classes should I look at to achieve it?

Secondly, I plan to display a gnome notification via dbus. The thing is that the dbus java library has some dependencies on a native library (an .so file) which is quite obvious given the fact that dbus is a linux specific thing. Where should I put that library so that it's reachable from the plugin?

Thank you,

Marcin Erdmann

Yann Cebron JetBrains 1,760 posts since
Aug 22, 2002

Hello,  w/r to registering test listeners have a look at com.intellij.execution.junit2.ui.model.JUnitListener which can be registered via com.intellij.execution.junit2.ui.model.JUnitListenersNotifier#addListener.   Yann

Hello,  w/r to registering test listeners have a look at com.intellij.execution.junit2.ui.model.JUnitListener which can be registered via com.intellij.execution.junit2.ui.model.JUnitListenersNotifier#addListener.   Yann

---

Original message URL: http://devnet.jetbrains.net/message/5449049#5449049

Dmitry Jemerov Master 12,520 posts since
Aug 19, 2002

As for the native libraries, I don't think there is a good way to ship them with a plugin (which is probably a good thing if you think of the security implications). The native library should work fine if you put it into the 'bin' subdirectory of the IntelliJ IDEA installation directory.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...