6 Replies Last post: Feb 13, 2012 5:53 PM by Asia Rudenko  
Laughing John Newbie 11 posts since
Apr 3, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2012 3:07 PM

V5 EAP - Attach to Silverlight

I cannot (or at least cannot work out) how to attach to a running Silverlight (5) instance.

When I choose attach to from the menu I don't see Internet Explorer in the list of items I can attach to. It would be very helpful if I could as I sometimes work on SL applications that cannot be launched locally and "stand alone".

Asia Rudenko JetBrains 124 posts since
Nov 11, 2010
Jan 30, 2012 8:25 PM in response to: Laughing John
Re: V5 EAP - Attach to Silverlight

Hi,

Unfortunately this version of dotTrace can't attach to Silverlight processes.

Maybe "Profile .NET process" mode will help you? In this mode you launch profiling and then start (in any way) the process you want to profile; dotTrace "catches" the .NET processes and profiles them, and then you get a snapshot of the application you're interested in.

Asia Rudenko JetBrains 124 posts since
Nov 11, 2010
Feb 13, 2012 5:53 PM in response to: Laughing John
Re: V5 EAP - Attach to Silverlight

Glad to hear it works now We're working on attach to Silverlight, but we just didn't manage to put it in 5.0.

As for "Could not open snapshot" problem, thanks for letting us know. Can I ask you to send us logs?

1. close standalone dotTrace and Visual Studio with integrated dotTrace.
2. go to your Temp folder (you can find its location by executing 'cd %Temp%' in command line).
3. find 'JetLogs' folder and delete it.
4. launch dotTrace, prepare for profiling; in 'Profiler Configuration' dialog, press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + F11.
5. click 'Expert options' button.
6. enable 'Enable logs' checkbox (only this checkbox).
7. click OK and run profiling.
8. perform actions that lead to issue.
9. close dotTrace.
10. send content of %Temp%/JetLogs to me (support@jetbrains.com or alexandra.rudenko@jetbrains.com).
Thanks in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...