This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5 Replies Last post: Jun 5, 2012 10:21 PM by Asia Rudenko  
Daniel Hilgarth Newbie 11 posts since
Nov 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 1, 2012 1:25 PM

dotTrace Memory can't open its own snapshot

Hi,

I am currently facing a problem with one of my applications. Somewhere is a memory leak and I wanted to use dotTrace Memory to find it.

Unfortunatelly, it is unable to open the snapshot it created itself, although it is only about 850 MB in size. I get a message saying "Not enough memory to load dump".

I am on a 64bit Win7 with 8GB of RAM.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Daniel

Asia Rudenko JetBrains 124 posts since
Nov 11, 2010
Feb 13, 2012 5:59 PM in response to: Daniel Hilgarth
Re: dotTrace Memory can't open its own snapshot

Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately it's a known issue of dotTrace Memory 3.5 - it can't deal with "large" snapshots. "Large" is not only a bit file, but also a complicated snapshot with big amount of objects and connections. I can only recommend you to try to "localize" profiling as much as possible: start recording right before the moment you're suspecting a leak, and finish right after.

Nov 11, 2010
Feb 13, 2012 6:32 PM in response to: Daniel Hilgarth

I'm really sorry about that. But maybe once you'll be attracted by new version of dotTrace Memory!

Allon Guralnek Newbie 3 posts since
Jul 28, 2011
Jun 5, 2012 6:28 PM in response to: Asia Rudenko

When will a new version be released? 3.5 is completely useless for me in debugging a memory leak I'm having as I can't open any snapshots. It seems people have been complaining about this for years (e.g. from 2009 http://devnet.jetbrains.net/thread/285123). It feels like dotTrace Memory has been abandoned.

Nov 11, 2010
Jun 5, 2012 10:21 PM in response to: Allon Guralnek

Hi Allon,

We have a kind of "quiet EAP" of next version - if you're interested in trying pre-release new version, please contact me by email: alexandra.rudenko@jetbrains.com.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...