2 Replies Last post: Mar 30, 2012 8:14 PM by Leonid Shirmanov  
Leonid Shirmanov Newbie 8 posts since
Nov 14, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 29, 2012 6:15 PM

Can't get RemoteAgent running as Windows Service

Hello there,

dotTrace itself is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\dotTrace\v5.0\Bin, which is by default.

So the remote agent is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\dotTrace\v5.0\Bin\Remote and the web service is in C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\dotTrace\v5.0\Bin\Remote\RemoteAgent.WebService.

When I run RemoteAgent.exe from a command line it's OK.

I install it by executing "installutil /i RemoteAgent.exe" and it actually appears in Services with the stopped state, which is OK as well at this point I suppose.

Then I click Start and in 10 minutes of being in Starting state I get following messages in System event log:

"A timeout was reached (600000 milliseconds) while waiting for the JetBrains Profiler Remote Agent service to connect."

"The JetBrains Profiler Remote Agent service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Playing with a log file I've figured out it expects App path to be in "C:\Windows\system32\RemoteAgent.WebService"

I've also tried to specify Start parameters for the windows service like the following but according to the log it seems to ignore them completely, event I use just /port=9001

/log /port=9001 /appdir="C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\dotTrace\v5.0\Bin\Remote\RemoteAgent.WebService"

Could you please assist in configuring the windows service and bringing it up and running?

Thanks in advance!

Asia Rudenko JetBrains 124 posts since
Nov 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 30, 2012 6:20 PM in response to: Leonid Shirmanov
Re: Can't get RemoteAgent running as Windows Service

Leonid, hi again. Unfotunately this feature isn't available in 5.0 - we planned to implement it but actually didn't. So remote agent can be run as regular application or as ASP.NET service.

I guess you've read about this feature in our "what's new" blogpost - there was an error, and we're going to correct it now.

Sorry for inconvinience.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...