I purchased webstorm and was using 5.04 and live edit worked for maybe 10 minutes of playing around. Closed down webstorm and chrome. Came back to it days later and live edit stopped working, no highlighting, no live edit. Chrome console was showing null reference exceptions. I googled my ass off and installed WS-124.533, and then updated the plugin to 04.2. This made no difference, live edit still does not work as specified. IDE and and chrome claim they are connected. The chrome console after the upgrade does not show the null reference errors or any errors anymore.
Whats the deal this is taking up a lot of my time.
sorry the chrome extension is 0.4.12
I reinstalled the ide and chrome plugin and tried again, still not working, my test case is
simply updating some html.
Some small progress compared to yesterday though, the chrome console is actually showing null referenece errors again, where before there was no exceptions.
hi, er i have similar problem, could yuo provide some detail as to how this was "fixed"? here are my logs etc
Thanks for logs, your problem is another. LiveEdit cannot work if web inspector is opened — http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=129539
sorry restarted everything, didnt open web inspector, still same problem. here is new log
Please try WebStorm 6 EAP.
Thanks for the help, but i;m afraid still the same problem. Sorry if im mising somethign obvious. versions now webstorm 124.533, extension 0.4.12 log:
I can see that it works, but it seems DOM.querySelector doesn't select all elements. Could you attach test project and specify what do you try to edit (file path:line number:column)?
Fixed! something wrong with my HTML i think, thanks very much for the help.
+1 request for it working with the console open
So what does "Thanks! Fixed" mean? Did you fix a bug? My log shows errors, not that the live edit feature is working. Still not working on my side
Fix will be available in next 6 EAP. Ok, I can provide fixed extension for you — download attached file and install by hand (see http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/WI/How+to+install+Chrome+extension).
Apologies, i thought there was sufficient explanation above.
Think my log stopped showing errors when i upgraded to EAP 6. I didnt immedietely get it working but from that point i had some errors in my HTML code from that i was testing with (like an idiot). Once the log showed it should be working i went back to a very simple HTML page and it began to work as expected.
Hope thats clearer, let me know if not.
No, my problem has been resolved by new EAP thanks, i was just trying to clarify my solution in case it helped Jeff.