This Question is Answered

1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
9 Replies Last post: Mar 24, 2013 1:38 PM by Alexey Gopachenko  
Jody Mickey Newbie 5 posts since
Feb 1, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 1, 2013 7:21 PM

"Smart" highlight features stopped working in EAP

I am not sure if this is a bug or a default configuration change or something else.  For as long as I have used PHPStorm the IDE has felt more "interactive" than it does since the 126.23 EAP release.  I have not switched back to 5.0 yet to compare what exactly is different but one thing that stands out is that before, if I made a new class that implemented an interface, the class name would be underlined in red to indicate that not all methods were implemented (or that the class was not declared abstract).  This no longer works.  Another thing is that while you were typing, say, a variable name that was previously declared, the IDE would show the rest of the variable name in light grey to indicate that you could autocomplete.  You can still do this by pressing control + shift but I prefer to have the option to simply press tab as I'm typing.

Is this a setting somewhere?  I can't seem to find it.  Or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Jody

Maxim Makhankov JetBrains 71 posts since
May 31, 2012
Feb 1, 2013 7:43 PM in response to: Jody Mickey
Re: "Smart" highlight features stopped working in EAP

Jody,

if I made a new class that implemented an interface, the class name would be underlined in red to indicate that not all methods were implemented (or that the class was not declared abstract).  This no longer works.

could you please create a new issue in our tracker about this and provide a code examples and screenshots?

Another thing is that while you were typing, say, a variable name that was previously declared, the IDE would show the rest of the variable name in light grey to indicate that you could autocomplete.  You can still do this by pressing control + shift but I prefer to have the option to simply press tab as I'm typing.

It might be the issue IDEA-99842 "Background suggestions are shown in editor". Could you look at the issue and confirm or disprove whether you faced the same completion behaviour?

Andriy Bazanov Master 4,179 posts since
May 28, 2010
Feb 1, 2013 10:11 PM in response to: Jody Mickey
Regarding IDEA-99842, I actually am experiencing the opposite.  Where in that case the issue is inaccurrate suggestions, I am getting none.  For example, if I type "str" and pause, you might expect to see a list of php's string functions but nothing is suggested at all.

What exactly do you mean by "nothing at all"?

• No code completion popup appears at all? If so -- will you see it when invoked manually (Ctrl+Space by default) ?
  • Or you just see "nothing to sujust" kind of hint? If so -- please try "File | Invalidate Caches..." then
May 28, 2010
Feb 1, 2013 10:59 PM in response to: Jody Mickey

Works for me. Maybe it's your settings then? Please check Settings | Editor | Code Completion, in particular "Autopopup code completion" option

May 28, 2010
Feb 1, 2013 11:55 PM in response to: Jody Mickey

Well .. don't know what may be the reason here then.

I suggest (in order from easy to more radical):

1. Try your simple example in brand new empty project.
  2. Check idea.log for any possible hints (Help | Reveal Log in ...)
  3. Try disabling ALL 3rd party (not bundled) plugins -- in case one of them interfere
  4. Delete all your IDE settings (but back up them first) and try from scratch (e.g. uninstall completely with all checkboxes checked and then install again). If it will solve it -- then you can easily restore majority of settings files from backup.
    Alexey Gopachenko JetBrains 1,468 posts since
    Aug 22, 2002
    Mar 24, 2013 1:38 PM in response to: Jody Mickey

Unfortunately plugins can mess up the IDE in virtually unlimited number of ways, by themselves or in combination. This is the back side of the them being so poweful. Generally you should contact plugin author on plugin related problems, and we in turn offer them help in resolving complex problems or just advicing how to achieve desired results in most apporpriate way.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...