6 Replies Last post: Feb 12, 2013 11:04 PM by Andriy Bazanov  
Andrea Sciamanna Newbie 60 posts since
Sep 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 12, 2013 9:53 PM

Exclude one or more directory from inspection

I've some recurring inspection issues caused by third part javascript and php libraries (e.g. TinyMCE, jquery, etc.).

I'd like to set PhpStorm in order to ignore files and/or directories, so I can get issues that actually applies to my own code and not code that I won't change anyway, even if contains actual issue.

How can I do this?

Andriy Bazanov Master 4,179 posts since
May 28, 2010
Feb 12, 2013 10:38 PM in response to: Andrea Sciamanna
Re: Exclude one or more directory from inspection

Hi Andrea,

Since I do not know what exact problems you are facing there, have a look at this (how to exclude certain directories for certain inspections): http://devnet.jetbrains.com/message/5465511

May 28, 2010
Feb 12, 2013 10:53 PM in response to: Andrea Sciamanna

AFAIK -- currently it is not possible.

There are multiple tickets with different ideas in this regard already (in both PhpStorm and platform-wide issue trackers -- search for "inspection exclude" sort of keywords and vote) .. but I do not think that devs will work on it for v6. Hopefully we will see it in v7 or 6.x (considering that such requests appearing from time to time -- more votes higher the chance .. at least in theory).

My only idea -- place such code not under project directly .. but under External Libraries (Settings | PHP | Include paths) -- may work for PHP  (sorry, once again -- I do not know what kind of issues you are facing).

May 28, 2010
Feb 12, 2013 11:02 PM in response to: Andrea Sciamanna

To easy your pain of doing this for each inspection -- you can right click on actual group and it will create the same rule for each inspection, then you just need to quickly run trough each inspection and disable it for that scope -- quite fast, actually -- 1-2 mins total, I'd say (check boxes are visible).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...