0 Replies Last post: Feb 23, 2013 12:41 AM by Bryan Ray  
Bryan Ray Newbie 2 posts since
Feb 23, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 23, 2013 12:41 AM

NUnit Test Runner using include and exclude

Hi everyone,

I'll try to explain this as best I can. I know that I can use the nUnit Test Runner to pass in an include and exclude value(s); The problem with this is that I using the build configuration I can only specify those include or exclude values on a build configuration level. What I'd like to do is move that down to a branch level and pass the values in using the teamcity.default.properties file in the latest 7.1 version.

Perhaps a simple example will help as well ...

An example:

We use git and have multiple feature branches. What I would like to have happen is to allow each of those feature branches to be able to pass in the tests that they would like to include or exclude via the teamcity.default.properties file. However, from testing this theory out, the nUnit Test Runner does not seem to care that these key/value pairs are being passed in to via that file. I constantly get this message in my build log:

Unexpected property 'nunit.integration.include' in TeamCity default properties file: C:\BuildAgents\BuildAgent1\work\8013a12f5dacb724\teamcity.default.properties
Unexpected property 'nunit.integration.exclude' in TeamCity default properties file: C:\BuildAgents\BuildAgent1\work\8013a12f5dacb724\teamcity.default.properties
My next step is to basically side-step the nUnit Test Runner and create a NAnt task that runs the nunit-console.exe directly and supplies those values. However, with that solution I then have to figure out how to display the output of nunit-console.exe in TeamCity to see the passing / failing test results.
Does anyone have any suggestions for something that I might be able to try?
Thanks in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...