This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
0 Replies Last post: Mar 16, 2013 11:24 PM by Michele Della Torre  
Michele Della Torre Newbie 1 posts since
Mar 16, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 16, 2013 11:28 PM

Monodirectional associations are not shown in Model Diagram

I've already posted it as a bug, but I got no response, so I open this discussion to better understand and explain my point of view.

In the current version of RubyMine (5.0.x) only birectional associations are show in model diagram, that is a relationship where we have something like

ModelA
  belongs_to model_b
end

ModelB
  has_many/has_one model_a
end

in many cases we have mono directional associations, where only belongs_to end is meaningful an we have no interest in the reverse path.

In RubyMine 4.x those kind of associations were displayed, now it seems that an association will be shown only if the "has_XXX" end is defined.

Many members of Rails community belive that the associations should be navigable in both ways, but in my opinion in many cases that is a modeling error, for example when a Value Object (in DDD meaning) is mapped as a table.

What do you think about that? I mean: is really a RubyMine bug that will be fixed or is a choice?

Personally I think the Model Diagram is the real killing feature of RubyMine, but in the current version is not really useful.

Thank you

Fixed a formatting issue

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...