This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
1 Replies Last post: Mar 26, 2013 5:58 PM by Michael Kuzmin  
Jay Guidos Newbie 1 posts since
Mar 23, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 23, 2013 10:17 PM

Can you clarify notification rule ordering for groups?

Hi All,

I am trying to set up some better rules for managing group level notifications for our projects.  The goal is to reduce the need for users to have to fiddle with notifications unless they want something out of the ordinary.

Groups can be top-level or sub-group, and a user can be attached to several groups.  Within a single group hierarchy what is the order of traversal for finding a notification rule? I can't find any documents that discuss this directly, but some docs seems to imply (top down):

user-level

GroupC-subGroupOfB

GroupB-subGroupOfA

GroupA

When I view some users' Notification Rules pages in the GUI the group level notification rules do not always appear in the above order so I am not clear if this sub-to-super traversal ordering is actually enforced.

Also, can you also clarify the order that group notification rules are applied when a user is a member of more than one top-level group?

Jay

Michael Kuzmin JetBrains 1,549 posts since
Jul 30, 2005
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 26, 2013 5:58 PM in response to: Jay Guidos
Re: Can you clarify notification rule ordering for groups?

Hi Jay

The order you're describing is correct.

All the related rules should be displayed on end user's profile page. Please re-check that you look at the same type of notifications (IDE/email/etc) at group's and user's settings.

Could you show an example of such problem rule - a set of screenshots for group settings and user profile pages?

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...