5 Replies Last post: Jun 28, 2013 3:01 PM by sachou sachou  
sachou sachou Newbie 4 posts since
Jun 27, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Missing a nice Project Run feature in WebStorm .

Hi,

I've been using dreamweaver for HTML-CSS-Javascript projects for years , and now i am enjoying the nice features that provide webStorm .

Actually , there's one major feature that i really miss in WS , and can't found way to get it .

When u open an HTML file in dreamweaver , it lists automatically all the CSS & JS files involved , so u edit them there , once u press F12 it runs the HTML PAge , wich gives a fast & quick way to see ur progressing .

is there a way to reporeduce this feature in WS , or does it exist already ?

Thanks .

Elena Pogorelova Apprentice 1,079 posts since
Oct 5, 2011
Jun 27, 2013 4:51 PM in response to: sachou sachou
Re: Missing a nice Project Run feature in WebStorm .

Hello!

Alt+F2 allows openinjg the current HTML page in the selected browser. Is it a feature you are looking for?

WebStorm even supports instant HTML/CSS preview, so you don't need to reload the page in browser after making changes - see http://blog.jetbrains.com/webide/2012/08/liveedit-plugin-features-in-detail/

Best regards,

Lena

Elena Pogorelova Apprentice 1,079 posts since
Oct 5, 2011
Jun 28, 2013 2:08 PM in response to: sachou sachou

You can keep your html open in browser and see your changes even without page reloading if LiveEdit is enabled

Anyway, you are welcome to file a request for this feature to our issue tracker, http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB

Best regards,

Lena

Andriy Bazanov Master 4,194 posts since
May 28, 2010
Jun 28, 2013 2:16 PM in response to: sachou sachou

Not really my business .. but few comments anyway:

• If you have that html file already opened in a browser .. you can just switch to the browser and F5 instead of opening new tab with html file (since this is what most likely will happen if Alt+F2 (or alike) would work the way you expecting -- depends on browser settings actually).
  • Have you tried LiveEdit plugin? Depending on what you are editing, you will have no need to refresh anything -- it all will be done automatically  (depends on how severe changes are: e.g. code loading on start of the script most likely will not be refreshed this way).

But generally speaking -- Yes, currently IDE has no separate Run/Debug Configuration type that would allow to just execute any URL (there is one for JavaScript .. but it has Debug option only). Would be good if it would allow to use "Run" as well ... or have separate type that just can open any URL in a browser (especially usefull if pretty URLs (URL rewriting) are used).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...