10 Replies Last post: Jul 22, 2013 10:40 AM by Steven Barnett  
Jan Vandenbussche Newbie 5 posts since
Jun 28, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 3, 2013 9:40 AM

Does ReSharper 7.1.3 work with Visual Studio 2012 Update 3?

Visual Studio Update 2 contained breaking changes concerning Unit Tests, which forced us to install Resharper patch 7.1.3, which took our system guys a while to get to.

Should we expect any such problems when upgrading to Visual Studio Update 3? If so, we are happy to wait for Resharper patch 7.1.4, would there be a need for one.

Scott Ayton Newbie 1 posts since
Jul 5, 2013
Jul 5, 2013 9:19 AM in response to: Jan Vandenbussche
Re: Does ReSharper 7.1.3 work with Visual Studio 2012 Update 3?

Since upgrading to VS 2012.3 I've noticed that Resharper doesn't understand some service references and subsequently thinks that it can't resolve a bunch of symbols.

On the attached screenshot the issue lies within the SSAMSService import as it can no longer underatdn the Application class , when hovering over the import statement  resharper says it's not required by code and can be removed and that it doesn't contain any public members or cannot be found.

This project still compiles fine and if i disable reshaprer there aren't any errors.

Attachments:
Bao Nguyen Newbie 1 posts since
Jul 5, 2013
Jul 5, 2013 2:46 PM in response to: Jan Vandenbussche

all keyboard shortcuts don't work in VS 2012 Update 3.

pl update ReSharper

scalaguy Newbie 2 posts since
Jul 6, 2013
Jul 6, 2013 7:37 PM in response to: Jan Vandenbussche

I have ReSharper 7.1.3 and I just upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 and now I am unable to run tests in debug... my breakpoints are not hit in my tests.

scalaguy Newbie 2 posts since
Jul 6, 2013
Jul 6, 2013 8:44 PM in response to: scalaguy

False alarm... I don't know what changed but now my breakpoints within tests are hitting properly

Steven Barnett Newbie 4 posts since
Dec 22, 2012
Jul 11, 2013 11:23 PM in response to: Jan Vandenbussche
I've had a few problems since update 3, though can't say its Resharper.The problem is when debugging an NUnit test that fails. It pops up a message telling me it can't load the symbols for mscorlib.dll. Not a fat lot I can do with the unit tests after that. To get round it, I have had to switch to disassembly so, when a tests fails in debug, I end up in a code disassembly. Not too useful. As I say, I can't prove it is Resharper. It started after Update 3 though and other users without Resharper don't seem to have the problem.Steve
Gil Yoder Newbie 17 posts since
Apr 20, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 5:25 PM in response to: Steven Barnett

I don't recall where I saw this, but I think I have had to expressly reference some assemblies after update 3 that were implicitly referenced before. The new templates that were updated in update 3 would have those references, but old projects would not. It's possible that msbuild could build a project correctly without adding those references, but intellesense would not work correctly. Other features that depended on those references would also be affected by that. Adding those references explicitly might fix these issues.

Dec 22, 2012
Jul 12, 2013 6:00 PM in response to: Gil Yoder
Thanks, I'll have a search round the web to see if I can find that. It's not too much of a pain as I can generally trap the error early enough to be able to debug it, but if I drop in to the black hole of disassembly, I'l kind of stuck and have to start testing from scratch.
Dec 22, 2012
Jul 22, 2013 10:40 AM in response to: Steven Barnett
I managed to fix a number of my problems and unit tests seem to be behaving at the moment. Stepping back and re-analysing what's ging on, I came to this as a problem description:"Since installing VS2012 Update 3, if I debug an NUnit test and anything fails, I either get a warning about mscorlib symbols not being loaded or end up dumped in a disassembly. The message that appears tells me that I have crossed a managed/native boundary. Sadly, this completely masks the actual NUnit test failure."The fix came after much googling and following dead ends... I sorted it out by changing the VS2012 options; Go to Tools->Options select the Debuggung->General branch and untick the option to "Break when exceptions cross AppDomain or managed/native boundaries". Having done that, NUnit tests seem to behave properly.No idea how this option got set, but without it I can properly debug NUnit tests, in the same way that I did before update 3Steve

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...