5 Replies Last post: Jan 27, 2014 12:12 PM by Chris Kimpton  
Jonathan Robson Newbie 3 posts since
Jul 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 5, 2013 5:21 PM

Hanging builds

After upgrading from v7.1.5 to v8.0.01 we see to experience a lot more hanging builds. The problem seems to be a discommunication between the agent and server. The agent often thinks it has completed the build, but the server thinks it is still running. I wondered if anyone has seen this with v8.0.1? Normal solution to get the agent and server into a synced state agian is usually to unregister the agent, restart the server, reregister the agents etc. This happens about 2-3 times a day right now, we never had to perform such actions on v7.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Jonathan

Rick Fisher Newbie 2 posts since
Jul 8, 2013
Jul 8, 2013 9:36 PM in response to: Jonathan Robson
Re: Hanging builds

We are seeing a similiar issue since upgrading yesterday.  We have one particular build that has hung 3 times.  Another build has failed twice with the message "Exception during messages processing".  For this one re-running the build has resolved it. 

Rick Fisher Newbie 2 posts since
Jul 8, 2013
Jul 8, 2013 10:53 PM in response to: Jonathan Robson

Was not able to vote for the issue.  Not sure why, but did add comment that I see the issue too.  When it reoccurs for me I'll attach a thread dump as well.

Chris Kimpton Novice 179 posts since
Oct 11, 2002
Jan 27, 2014 12:12 PM in response to: Rick Fisher

Is this still happening?

I am seeing a similar issue, although only when running the dupe finder and inspections job - I made them a separate build and only that build hangs...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...