This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts)
5 Replies Last post: Jul 17, 2013 11:12 PM by Pavel Sher  
Anton Venema Newbie 4 posts since
Jul 16, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 16, 2013 9:44 PM

No suitable JDBC driver found for database type: MySQL

Just upgraded today from TeamCity 7 to TeamCity 8. The "TeamCity Server" (Windows service) starts successfully, but I get the following error message when browsing to the TeamCity web server:

No suitable JDBC driver found for database type: MySQL

Checked the server logs, but found no additional information.

MySQL 5.5.28 was installed, and mysql-connector-java-5.1.24-bin.jar was present in both {TeamCity}\lib and {TeamCity}\lib\jdbc. This setup was previously working with TeamCity 7. I updated both MySQL and the JDBC connector to the latest (5.5.32 and 5.1.25, respectively) in case there was a breaking change in compatibility between TeamCity 7 and 8, but it didn't help. I know TeamCity is loading the JDBC connector because the .jar file is locked and can't be deleted while the TeamCity Server is running.

Any ideas? This feels like a simple problem, so I must be missing something simple here.

Pavel Sher JetBrains 2,336 posts since
Mar 6, 2008
Jul 17, 2013 10:46 PM in response to: Anton Venema
Re: No suitable JDBC driver found for database type: MySQL

MySQL driver must be placed in <TeamCity data directory>/lib/jdbc folder. You can read about <TeamCity data directory> in our documentation: http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD8/TeamCity+Data+Directory

Pavel Sher JetBrains 2,336 posts since
Mar 6, 2008
Jul 17, 2013 11:12 PM in response to: Anton Venema
Re: No suitable JDBC driver found for database type: MySQL

It is important to distinguish TeamCity installation directory from TeamCity data directory. The first one is where TeamCity executable files are placed, while the second one is where TeamCity stores configuration files and other data related to projects.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...