This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2 Replies Last post: Jul 18, 2013 9:15 PM by Peter Garafano  
Peter Garafano Newbie 2 posts since
Jul 18, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 18, 2013 6:34 AM

Build Agents available but not building

I have 2 build agents available, however I have multiple items in my queue waiting to build.  The jobs don't seem to be getting assigned to any of the agents.  Each of the jobs in the queue lists both build agents as being compatible with the build.  I don't see any errors in my build agent logs and I don't see any errors in server logs.  I have rebooted all machines involved multiple times.  All are running the latest 8.0.1 version of TeamCity.  All jobs show the Time To Start as "Delayed".  Even if I clear the queue and manually run the jobs, they still sit in the queue.

UPDATE:

I have since completely rebuilt both build agents from scratch (new OS install, clean agent installation and configuration).  Other symptoms I have noticed: If I restart the service, it takes a very long time to stop (I'm up over 20 minutes waiting).  When I reboot the machine, I will get a few builds out of the system before it stops building again.

Yegor Yarko JetBrains 1,835 posts since
May 5, 2004
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 18, 2013 9:02 PM in response to: Peter Garafano
Re: Build Agents available but not building

Hi Peter,

Could you attach screenshots of the build queue with the content of all the popups for one of the builds? (especially that over icon in "Time to start" column)

What agents are listed as compatible if you click on the agents link of the queued build?

Do you have any non-bundled plugins installed on the server?

If there are no obvious reasons, please attach server logs and a couple of server thread dumps. If you do not want to share those publicly, please create an issue in the tracker and attach there with limited visibility.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...