This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
1 Replies Last post: Aug 16, 2013 1:34 PM by Anton Makeev  
george cook Novice 110 posts since
Mar 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2013 2:07 AM

How to turn off git-file-status colors in the file tabs?

I've been waiting on several builds to find a way to do this. I'm hoping there's now a way and I don't know it.

The git status for colors appear in the file tabs, and in the file lookup lists. The default git colors render the files unreadable. It might seem like nitpicking; but it's a real pain sometimes to know what file is open. Look at this:

Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 17.57.23.png

I can't read that at all. Same goes for selection lists. I have to go to the top of my file to see which one it is.

So.. how can I get rid of that color? I really don't care about the git status of the file in the tab. I'd like all of them to be white.

There is a feature to assign colors to tabs (in preferences) - but that's just for the backgrounds - they are all equally garrish and impossible to read in conjunction with git-file-status colors.

Anton Makeev JetBrains 1,224 posts since
Dec 19, 2006
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 16, 2013 1:34 PM in response to: george cook
Re: How to turn off git-file-status colors in the file tabs?

George,

it's the problem with non-darcula editor color schemes that are currently incompatible with Darcula IDE theme.

You can either switch to 'Editor | Colors & Fonts | Sheme name: Darcula' or tune the colors manually in 'Editor | Colors & Fonts | File Status'

If you switch to Darcula, you'll get the correct colors:

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 11.28.32 .png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...