1 Replies Last post: Sep 7, 2013 12:14 AM by Alexander Doroshko  
Christopher Andelin Newbie 1 posts since
Sep 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 6, 2013 9:15 PM

[client]: Failed to copy AIR descriptor to the output folder: C:\Users\Chelsea\Documents\IntelliJProjects\out\production\client\Client-app.xml (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

The error message I'm getting is

[client]: Failed to copy AIR descriptor to the output folder: C:\Users\Chelsea\Documents\IntelliJProjects\out\production\client\Client-app.xml (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

It happens sometimes and sometimes not. Even when it does work I can't get anything to render on the screen besides the Starling stats. I'm lead to beleive that some program is maintaining a reference to the app descriptor, but I've closed all other programs and restarted my Windows 7 OS, but the error persists.

I'm using IntelliJ Ultimate 12.1.4 and I'm trying to start a mobile project using Adobe Gaming SDK. I've been following instructions at these places

http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/IntelliJIDEA/Adobe+Gaming+SDK

http://wiki.jetbrains.net/intellij/Developing,_running_and_packaging_AIR_mobile_applications_for_Android

The main difference I guess is that I have an Empty project with a pure actionscript Flex module inside (as opposed to a Flex project with Flex modules).

I've read these forums and tried the fixes there with no success

http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/compiling-for-air

Thanks for any help you can give and let me know if you want more info about my situation.

Alexander Doroshko JetBrains 1,304 posts since
Jun 9, 2009

First of all check that the path to the AIR descritor template configured in IntelliJ IDEA is not equal to the path that you see in the error message. You should keep template somewhere in the module content root or source folder, but not in the output folder.

Second, find some unlocker utility in the internet and see what program is keeping a lock on the file. Does this file exist when you see the error? Are you able to edit or delete it using any file manager?

Try to disable 'Use external build' at Settings | Compiler. May be it will work better this way.

I guess is that I have an Empty project with a pure actionscript Flex module inside (as opposed to a Flex project with Flex modules)

IntelliJ IDEA project doesn't have any type. Only modules have types. To work with Flex or ActionScript you use Flash modules. Each Flash module contains one or more Flash build configurations (BCs). Flash BC may be pure AS or Flex-dependent. All these things are documented in embedded help.

I can't get anything to render on the screen besides the Starling stats

I'm afraid I can't say why your project doesn't work wothout looking at the project. Most likely it contains errors or not configured properly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...