6 Replies Last post: Sep 17, 2013 4:00 PM by saratogacoach  
saratogacoach Newbie 40 posts since
Jul 20, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 17, 2013 7:39 AM

Using spark flex components in pure AS3 project

Hi,

While I could use a Flash CS generated SWC to add a radio button component and radio button group component, I would instead prefer to use the spark flex radio button and radio button group components, if this is possible. I would like to use these spark flex components to add 4 radio buttons in one radio button group.

I found this web page: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/spark/components/RadioButton.html#includeExamplesSummary

How would I use this MXML type scripting/tags in a pure AS3 project? Where is it added? (I looked for an MXML page template in IntelliJ but was not able to find it.)

Any help using this spark flex component (both radio button and radio button group) would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Alexander Doroshko JetBrains 1,329 posts since
Jun 9, 2009
Sep 17, 2013 11:09 AM in response to: saratogacoach
Re: Using spark flex components in pure AS3 project

If you are going to have MXML source files you can't say that your app is pure AS. So you need to change build configuration type to not pure AS at Project Structure | Modules | [your module] | [your build configuration subnode] | General tab | Type.

Jun 9, 2009
Sep 17, 2013 3:31 PM in response to: saratogacoach

I'm not sure I understand the question. But I'm sure that you'll find all answers and examples in Adobe's and Apache's docs.

Jun 9, 2009
Sep 17, 2013 3:50 PM in response to: saratogacoach
SWC with the components that I can create in my copy of Flash CS, then simply import it into the project (src)

You'll need to configure dependency on your SWC. Open Dependencies tab of the Flash build configuration, click [+], select 'Add dependency on new library...', then select your swc file in the file chooser.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...