This Question is Answered

1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
4 Replies Last post: Oct 5, 2013 5:28 PM by Greg Gum  
Greg Gum Newbie 5 posts since
Oct 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 5, 2013 7:19 AM

How to View index.php in Browser

Hi, I am new to PHP Storm and am trying to get started with it.I create a new blank project, then add a php file called index.php.I then add one line of code echo phpinfo();.How do I prevew this in a browser?  The help file says to press alt F2, but this gives me the bookmark window.  I don't see the hover window that is supposed to be available.  I have set the browser in Settings/IDE/Browser.Is there something else I am supposed to do?Greg
Andriy Bazanov Master 3,898 posts since
May 28, 2010
Oct 5, 2013 2:30 PM in response to: Greg Gum
Re: How to View index.php in Browser

Hi there,

Yes, it is Alt+F2 for preview functionality.

The help file says to press alt F2, but this gives me the bookmark window.

Seems you are using different keymap (Settings | Keymap).

Please check (and use) whataver shortcut you have assigned to "View | Prevew file in..."  (focus must be in Editor window (and not side tool windows) when menu is invoked).

Andriy Bazanov Master 3,898 posts since
May 28, 2010
Oct 5, 2013 4:02 PM in response to: Greg Gum
Re: How to View index.php in Browser

What version do you use?

As I understand it is 6.0.3.  If so :

1. Try restarting IDE
  2. Create some html file -- see if this action will be available for that file (from what I see it's not always available for php files)

In any case: if you properly define Deployment entry ("In Place" type should be OK) and mark it as Default; then you will be able to use "View | Open in Browser..." on any file (default browser will be used)

P.S.

Try upcoming v7 (EAP build available now) -- it has been reworked quite a bit in this area so it should work for php files as well

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...