4 Replies Last post: Nov 23, 2013 7:46 PM by Ricardo Martins  
Ricardo Martins Newbie 3 posts since
Oct 8, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 8, 2013 8:47 PM

3 must-have features to move from SublimeText to PhpStorm 6 or 7

There are only 3 things that I consider so important to make the decision of change from SublimeText2 to PhpStorm:

1. Go To Anything
    In Sublime we press MetaKey+P and we have a search bar that can find anything in our oppened projects.
  2. Quick file preview
    Either in the sidebar or in the Go to Anything window when we select any file, it opens in the editor instantanly for browse the file, and only creates a new tab when we start editing that file or double click on it to open.
  3. Don't touch in my project files
    It's redundant. I already feedbacked it in some other place. Its about the .idea folder it creates inside each project. It would be fine if it allow us to create that folder in some other place (like a workspace folder in our documents or dropbox).

I like JetBrain, and working with Magento and PhpStorm (with Magicento) is very very amazing. But I still feel that I'm faster with sublime, alternating between the projects quickly and easy, and mainly with the 2 first features above.

Andriy Bazanov Master 4,086 posts since
May 28, 2010
Oct 8, 2013 10:20 PM in response to: Ricardo Martins
Re: 3 must-have features to move from SublimeText to PhpStorm 6 or 7

Hi there,

1) http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-87686

2) "View | Quick Definition"

3) You can do it even now -- just in not too convenient way. Workaround is described here: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-343

It's redundant.

Why?

Andriy Bazanov Master 4,086 posts since
May 28, 2010
Oct 9, 2013 2:50 PM in response to: Ricardo Martins
Re: 3 must-have features to move from SublimeText to PhpStorm 6 or 7
1, 3) Are redundant because other people asked and want it.

Did not get it (why redundant). But whatever -- I've only pointed to existing tickets.

2) It's not even close, but ok.

Have not used Sublime myself, so cannot really compare.

It opens in a small(est) window that you cant preview anything without using your mouse to resize scroll, etc. It's more difficult than open each one of the files you want to see.

Have you actually tried resizing it? It remembers the window size on subsequent invocations (magic!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...