7 Replies Last post: Oct 30, 2013 9:31 PM by Nathan Curtis  
Nathan Curtis Newbie 5 posts since
Oct 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2013 5:49 AM

AIR 3.9 ADL launch fails

I just upgraded (well, I tried this a couple weeks ago too, but was too busy then to try to deal with this problem) to AIR 3.9 from 3.8. Under 3.8, my build/launch configurations all worked just fine. Now in 3.9, I get the "initial content not found" error from ADL. The mysterious thing is that if I immediately copy the adl command from the IntelliJ run box to the command line, it works just fine. This would be OK as a stopgap, except for one thing: I can't debug using this workaround. As far as I can tell, this is new with 3.9. I've used IntelliJ 12 with several versions of AIR 3.8 with no problem.

I've done everything I can think of to try to clear this up, anybody else have some suggestions? Is this just straight up a bug that needs to get fixed by IntelliJ? I don't mind submitting a bug report if that's the case, I'm just not sure yet this isn't something I can't fix locally.

Alexander Doroshko JetBrains 1,260 posts since
Jun 9, 2009
Oct 29, 2013 10:28 AM in response to: Nathan Curtis
Re: AIR 3.9 ADL launch fails

What is your OS?

Please paste adl command line and full error output from IntelliJ IDEA.

So far I have no idea why the command works from command line but doesn't work from IDE...

Jun 9, 2009
Oct 29, 2013 10:53 AM in response to: Nathan Curtis

Thanks. Though I still can't understand why the same command works differently from Terminal.

One strange thing with your adl command line is that it doesn't contain -XscreenDPI and -XversionPlatform options. Are you sure you use the latest IntelliJ IDEA 12.1.6?

There's already an issue about different behavior of adl from IDE and from Terminal, which I can't understand as well: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-114714. But your case is different.

Are you using standalone AIR SDK + ASC 2.0 or Flex SDK overlaid with AIR SDK? May I take a look at your *.iml file with Flash module settings?

Jun 9, 2009
Oct 30, 2013 8:06 PM in response to: Nathan Curtis

Try AIR SDK 3.9.0.1200. A lot of problems go away with this update.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...