This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2 Replies Last post: Nov 1, 2013 3:33 PM by Dmitry Avdeev  
Shaik Abdul  Rasheed Newbie 1 posts since
Oct 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2013 2:02 PM

How to create a custom project type plug-in?

Hi,

My requirement is that,

1. I need to add new custom Java classes to the project scope based on the developer, based on his need.

2. I have some sample applications that uses the above classes for performing certain tasks.

I belive I can do this is as a plug-in implementation.  Now, Please refere some sample implementation which

will be doing the same thing..

Thanks & Regards

shaik

Mark Vedder Apprentice 999 posts since
Dec 10, 2003
Oct 30, 2013 8:10 PM in response to: Shaik Abdul Rasheed
Re: How to create a custom project type plug-in?

Hello... Welcome to the IDEA community.

If you haven't already done so, you'll want to read the Writing Plug-ins guide. It contains a link to the IntelliJ IDEA Plugin Development wiki page which has some sample plug-ins. After that, the best example of plug-ins of the type you describe are the ones bundled in with IntelliJ IDEA itself. You can view the bundled plug-in source code on GitHub, or check out the source code as described on the Check Out & Build Community Edition page. The JetBrains.tv site has the Live Coding an IntelliJ IDEA Plugin from Scratch Part 1 and Part 2 videos.

Also, in the future, you'll want to ask Plug-In development related questions in the Open API and Plugin Development forum. You'll get better responses there about plug-in development questions.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your plug-in.

Dmitry Avdeev JetBrains 666 posts since
Jul 29, 2004
Nov 1, 2013 3:33 PM in response to: Shaik Abdul Rasheed
Re: How to create a custom project type plug-in?

Hi, this API is still under development. Please look at com.intellij.ide.util.projectWizard.ModuleBuilder extension point.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...