This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
1 Replies Last post: Nov 1, 2013 2:50 PM by Pavel Sher  
Benjamin Golinvaux Newbie 1 posts since
Oct 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2013 5:28 PM

Automatic commit behavior when conflicts occur

Hello

I am using TeamCity 7.1.5 (build 24400) with the corresponding Visual Studio plugin (I am using Visual Studio 2012) and Subversion.

I am wondering what the correct behavior of TeamCity should be when a Remote Run with Pre-tested commit is run, and the commit cannot be done because of a conflict.

I did a test on purpose and indeed, the commit did not succeed.

The "My Changes" window correctly displays my change, with an "Automatic commit failed" message underlined in red. This message begs to be clicked but is not an hyperlink.

Also, I do not get any email or IDE notification when this fails.

On the other hand, a little exclamation mark in the Visual Studio lower right corner is displayed. When I click on this, the TeamCity Exception Browser is shown, and it contains an entry for the failed commit.

So, it seems that such a situation is not handled correctly, and that the automatic commit fail is seen as a bug that can be reported to JetBrains.

I would like to configure TeamCity so that developers are warned by email (at least) when their pre-tested commit fails because of a conflict.

Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help

Benjamin Golinvaux

Pavel Sher JetBrains 2,361 posts since
Mar 6, 2008
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 1, 2013 2:50 PM in response to: Benjamin Golinvaux
Re: Automatic commit behavior when conflicts occur

You can configure notification rules for such case, read more here: http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD8/Subscribing+to+Notifications

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...