This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
3 Replies Last post: Nov 5, 2013 10:25 AM by Nikita Skvortsov  
Damon Overboe Newbie 4 posts since
Aug 12, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 30, 2013 10:21 PM

Problems with Zipped artifacts in bulid chains -  java.io.IOException while unpacking archive ... Truncated ZIP file

Similar to this thread:

http://devnet.jetbrains.com/thread/439957

The scrubbed error is:

[Resolving artifact dependencies] Failed  to resolve artifact dependency <... build #1000_24039 [id 4101]>:  java.io.IOException while unpacking archive Tests.Integration.zip:  Truncated ZIP file  (jetbrains.buildServer.artifacts.ResolvingFailedException)

I have a step that builds, runs the unit tests, and then bundles the artifacts for usage by the next step in the chain.

I'm using TeamCity Enterprise 8.0.4 (build 27616) and see this happen sporadically where it fails to unzip the archive. I've seen it happen on the one listed above, as well as another large zip containing the database scripts.

I do not think the artifacts are actually corrupted because I can download and extract them, and in fact have steps later on that use them outside of this step. Rerunning the same step usually is able to resolve the artifacts successfuly, so I think it's something where the BuildAgent's aren't getting the full file from the Server?

It seems to have problems with the larger zips. The zip in question is on this error 200Mb, so I am not able to attach it.

I have the zips and log (unscrubbed) though.

I don't really want to introduce another step to unzip the files manually, but if need be I guess I will. But I'm more curious of whether you've been able to reproduce this and is it a known bug?

Nikita Skvortsov JetBrains 248 posts since
Dec 21, 2010

Damon,

Thank you for reporting the problem. I have created issue in YouTrack for it: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-33148

So far, we were unable to reproduce the problem here, so could you give us a bit more details:

- On which OS artifact resolution failes?

- What JVM version is used? 32 - 64 bits?

- Do you have any network infrastructure between TeamCity server and agents? (proxies, firewalls...)
- Do you have any relevant stacktraces in teamcity-agent.log files? If not, would you mind enabling agent debug logging (see instruction) , reproduce the issue and attach logs to the YouTrack issue?

Nikita Skvortsov JetBrains 248 posts since
Dec 21, 2010

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...