12 Replies Last post: Nov 21, 2013 3:22 PM by Luke Puplett  
Luke Puplett Newbie 15 posts since
Dec 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 8, 2013 5:48 PM

"Patch is broken" on initial clone of new project

Hello

I'm setting-up a new TC project for an old repo to bring this particular app into our CI process. However, the repo won't clone via TeamCity. The repo is large, it had some perf tracing logs accidentally checked-in once upon a time, but it does clone using msysgit for Windows we're all using. The Git repo's are on a Linux VM.

Any suggestions? Can I clone it myself and somehow move it into position in the agent's work folder? Can I configure TC to use the Git that's installed in the OS?

Thanks

Luke (TC 7.1.4)

[14:24:19]Patch is broken, can be found in file: E:\TeamCity\buildAgent\temp\globalTmp\temp17657495653462715patch_838
[14:24:19]Failed to build patch for build #1.0.0.1 {build id=838}, VCS root: ssh://git@gitservername/~/ProductName.git#master {instance id=61, parent id=34}, due to error: Cannot find commit 84a588f66f458a59acac4124ffe71677bf7a06c2 in repository (E:\TeamCity-Configuration\system\caches\git\git-14E74081.git, ssh://git@gitservername/~/ProductName.git#master) jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl$1: Server was not able to build correct patch, most likely due to VCS errors at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.throwError(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:114)      at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatch(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:104)      at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.copyPatchAndCheck(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:65)      at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.copyPatchToTempFile(UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.java:70)      at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesFromServer.updateSources(UpdateSourcesFromServer.java:62)
Yegor Yarko JetBrains 1,816 posts since
May 5, 2004
Nov 12, 2013 11:10 PM in response to: Luke Puplett
Re: "Patch is broken" on initial clone of new project

Hi Luke,

First, I'd recommend to upgrae ot the latest TeamCity version (8.0.4 as of now) as it has lots of issues fixed, some of which are related to git support.

If still actual upon upgrade, you might need to collect the data anew and review Git integration internal properties.

As to your initial question, you can define no VCS roots in TeamCity and perform fetch and working copy update inside the build script. However, you will not get any changes displayed in TeamCity and will lose many of the related features, so 'd try to set up proper checkout first.

May 5, 2004
Nov 15, 2013 5:12 PM in response to: Luke Puplett

Luke,

> I'll have the repository reset bare and try again.

You can try to use clean checkout from build configuration Actions.

If this reproduces, please collect teamcity-vcs.log from the servr and agent covering the build triggering and running and attach them here or into the issue tracker/email.

> Then  I'll see if I can work out how to get TC using a 64-bit JVM.

JVM architecture is most probbaly unrelated to your issue, but here are notes on that for the agent.

> May I  suggest 64-bit by default?? I'm not really sure why 32-bit would be  opted for, ever, in 2013.

Bundling 64 bit JVM would mean 64 bit OS requirement for TeamCity, which is not always the case I am affraid. Also, there is little reason in running Agent under 64 bit as apart from larger memory consumption that brings almost nothing.

May 5, 2004
Nov 15, 2013 6:17 PM in response to: Luke Puplett

Luke,

Just a note: In my previous comment I referred to agent, but you are using server-sider checkout, so only logs from the server would be useful.

If you can get teamcity-vcs.log covering the error, that would be great!

May 5, 2004
Nov 15, 2013 9:37 PM in response to: Luke Puplett

Luke,

I've answered at StackOverflow. Please note that after switching to x64 JDK generally you will need to increase the memory-realted paramters of JVM more then twofold to get any actual memory increse.

The corresponding section in the doc with the linked sections should provide you with the informatino you need.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...