1 Replies Last post: Mar 18, 2014 5:15 PM by Alexey Ushakov  
Daniel Hall Newbie 36 posts since
Jan 9, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 11, 2014 6:56 PM

VCS Questions / Request

I'm a big fan of the VCS integration in AppCode, and I'm pretty pleased with the GitHub integration features as well.  I have a couple questions regarding VCS functions, which may not be possible and so may be requests:

1) Is there a way, when reviewing changes before committing (CMD+K) to filter out files that have only whitespace changes?  I know that the actual diff tool that can be invoked for each changed file allows for filtering out white space changes, but during refactors and style reformats, it would be very helpful to also filter out files that only have whitespace changes from the review list.

2) Is there any support for, or planned support for reviewing GitHub Pull Requests within the AppCode IDE?  Specifically, being able to look at someone else's changelist, file modifications and create line comments, etc. that are synchronized with GitHub? 

Thanks!

Alexey Ushakov Newbie 39 posts since
Aug 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 18, 2014 5:15 PM in response to: Daniel Hall
Re: VCS Questions / Request

Hi Daniel,

1) Is there a way, when reviewing changes before committing (CMD+K) to filter out files that have only whitespace changes?  I know that the actual diff tool that can be invoked for each changed file allows for filtering out white space changes, but during refactors and style reformats, it would be very helpful to also filter out files that only have whitespace changes from the review list.

There is no way "out of the box" at the moment.

2) Is there any support for, or planned support for reviewing GitHub Pull Requests within the AppCode IDE?  Specifically, being able to look at someone else's changelist, file modifications and create line comments, etc. that are synchronized with GitHub?

GitHub integration is a IntelliJ platform feature that we have in AppCode. Here is the issue related to GitHub Pull requests support: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-85079

Feel free to add your requests there.

Best Regards,

Alexey

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...