3 Replies Last post: May 27, 2014 9:35 AM by Ilkka Hauta-aho  
Ilkka Hauta-aho Newbie 3 posts since
May 22, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

May 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Testing coverage with dotCover and nunit from command line

I am running my unit and integration tests by using nunit and they are integrated into my CI environment (Jenkins). Now I am planning to integrate coverage inspection with dotCover into my environment as well. However there is now issue I do not understand and it is blocking me at the moment.

When I run dotCover analysis from command line with command dotCover analyse config_file, test report with xml is produced. However this result file only contains coverage from nunit test assembly dlls. There is no any coverage results from the assemblies containing the actual code. I am little confused.

When I run the same tests inside visual studio 2012 with R# by using dotCover, I can get coverage results from the assemblies as well. Is there some trick I am missing at the moment.

My analysis configuration file looks sismilar to https://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover/webhelp/Running_Coverage_Analysis_from_the_Command_LIne.html. I have replaces of course the paths to follow my environment.

What am I missing here? Thanks in advance.
Fedor Buyvol-Kot JetBrains 94 posts since
Dec 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
May 23, 2014 9:27 PM in response to: Ilkka Hauta-aho
Re: Testing coverage with dotCover and nunit from command line

Hi Ilkka,

Thank you for contacting us.

It seems that your release build is done without PDB files, and dotCover needs the code to be built with PDBs.

Probably, it's should be more clearly pointed in our documentation.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Fedor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...