2 Replies Last post: Jun 10, 2014 11:54 PM by EMC Pete  
EMC Pete Newbie 7 posts since
Jun 6, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 6, 2014 11:13 PM

testing isn't halting on remote vagrant code (even though I got connection)

I've got a php project contained in vagrant.. I've successfully connected to the debugger.. or so I thought.

I setup some breakpoints in the codebase, but the only code that halts is the phpunit code running locallly on my own machine.  Never halts on the ZF2 code.

I never did the file mapping, and honestly a little confused about it.. I have no error messages and unsure what to check/fix

thanks

I do see a check mark on my breakpoint(s) ..

but seeing at the end of PHPUnit execution a status code = 1.. my guess is that is because the test case has failed.. not xdebug or something like that.

Andriy Bazanov Master 3,991 posts since
May 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 7, 2014 12:36 AM in response to: EMC Pete
Re: testing isn't halting on remote vagrant code (even though I got connection)

Hi there,

I've got a php project contained in vagrant.. I've successfully connected to the debugger.. or so I thought.

"Settings | PHP | Servers" -- there is "Validate remote environment" button that will help with detecting if xdebug is configured properly enough.

I setup some breakpoints in the codebase, but the only code that halts is the phpunit code running locallly on my own machine.  Never halts on the ZF2 code.

Please explain. It's confusing.

If you are running PHPUnit tests remotely .. then what it has to do with running locally?

I never did the file mapping, and honestly a little confused about it.. I have no error messages and unsure what to check/fix

But you should do path mappings for debugging (especially) if you debug remote code.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...