2 Replies Last post: Jun 16, 2014 12:22 PM by Carsten Sponsel  
Carsten Sponsel Newbie 11 posts since
Jun 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 13, 2014 7:40 PM

Create Coverage snapshot with cmdline-dotcover - open in VisualStudio-dotcover?

Hi,

I'm using the command line dotcover.exe to create a coverage snapshot.

Afterwards I want to open it in the VisualStudio-integrated version of dotcover.

But unfortunately in Visual Studio the snapshot is empty! Although I successfully created a html report of the respecting coverage snapshot.

Am I doing something wrong? This is the command line i use for snapshot creation:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\dotCover\v2.5\Bin\dotCover.exe cover

/targetexecutable=c:\6040.2\Trunk\Buildoutput\Debug\NUnit\nunit-console.exe

/targetarguments="/labels /nologo /noshadow /nothread /xml:c:\6040.2\Trunk\Buildoutput\Debug\..\TestResults\CoverageWebinarLibrary1.Tests.TestResult.xml /exclude:Explicit c:\Users\csponsel\Documents\CoverageWebinar_2014\CoverageWebinar\CoverageWebinarLibrary1.Tests\bin\Debug\CoverageWebinarLibrary1.Tests.dll"

/TargetWorkingDir=c:\6040.2\Trunk\Buildoutput\Debug /Filters="+:module=CoverageWebinarLibrary1;"-:module=*.Tests

/Output=c:\6040.2\Trunk\Buildoutput\Debug\..\TestResults\CoverageWebinarLibrary1.Tests.DotCoverResult.dcvr

I'm using dotcover 2.5.

I also attached the respecting coverage snapshot.

Kind regards,

Carsten

Ruslan Isakiev JetBrains 186 posts since
Mar 22, 2010

Hi Carsten,
By default dotCover matches coverage snapshot with current solution structure and hides results for assemblies which do not have matching projects.
You can disable this behaviour with a corresponding button on the coverage results toolbar.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...