This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
1 Replies Last post: Aug 28, 2014 5:19 PM by Alexander Kurakin  
Colin Hughes Newbie 3 posts since
Aug 25, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2014 4:52 PM

Code Analysis not working on NuGet installed js files

I hope I am referring to the correct ReSharper feature when I say "Code Analysis".

Simply put when I create a new javascript file and add a line such as this:

var test = getTest();

ReSharper colors the component parts of that statement and squiggly underlines the "getTest" call because I haven't implemented it yet; I can then hit Alt-Enter or click on the lightbulb in the margin and can choose to allow ReSharper to stub out the function for me.  That's great.

However...

...when I open a javascript file that was installed with a NuGet package (John Papa's Hot Towel Angular "add-on") this feature does not work.  I don't get code hints via text colors nor can I Alt-Enter or see a lightbulb in the margin.

What gives?  I have looked at the Generated Code setting in "Options | Code Inspection" but nothing there seems to pertain to this.

I have tried to uninstall ReSharper and restart the project (in case ReSharper didn't like the fact that my project was part way through).  When I did that I noticed that one file that was created by me before ReSharper was installed and didn't show Code Analysis results did work with Code Analysis when I reinstalled ReSharper and re-created the file after the installation.

Is there somewhere in ReSharper that I can configure it to work with the NuGet-created javascript files?

Alexander Kurakin JetBrains 123 posts since
Jun 7, 2013
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 28, 2014 5:19 PM in response to: Colin Hughes
Re: Code Analysis not working on NuGet installed js files

Hello Colin,

The same question was raised here http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-392614. Please look at comment from our developers.

Also you may refer to http://www.beabigrockstar.com/blog/cleanup-code-resharper-available - there is an explanation of such ReSharper behavior.

Hope it helps!

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...