1 Replies Last post: Aug 28, 2014 5:35 PM by Alexander Kurakin  
Abdu Bukres Novice 262 posts since
Feb 3, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 27, 2014 10:30 PM

Feature request: Add ability to rename or add description to bookmarks

There are many times when I am navigating between very long methods which span several pages in code. Yes there are developers who still create long methods which do different things. Not a good practice but it happens. In those cases I create several bookmarks in the same method. However, unless I memorize each bookmark, when I get the list of bookmarks (ctrl-~), I see several boomarks with the same name and that doesn't help me select the proper bookmark. Although they show different line numbers, the numbers don't help much either other than telling me which bookmark comes before the other in the code. I would like to be able to edit the bookmark and either completely rename it or be able to add a little description which helps me determine where the bookmark will go. I guess many developers memorize the bookmarks but I am creating and deleting bookmarks several times a day and memorizing changing bookmarks is a painful task.

Alexander Kurakin JetBrains 123 posts since
Jun 7, 2013
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 28, 2014 5:35 PM in response to: Abdu Bukres
Re: Feature request: Add ability to rename or add description to bookmarks

Hello Abdu

I filed a new feature request to YouTrack http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RSRP-422365. You are welcome to comment and vote for it.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...