Anyone run into this and know how to work around it?
WebStorm 5.0, Chrome 26.0.1410.28 beta, Firefox 19.0.2, Mac OS X 10.8.2
I do not know for sure where your project is located, but I guess that deployment entry of "In Place" type should be OK here (a guess based on your URLs/file paths)
Some links to read (they are a bit old, but still actual):
Alternatively (not recommended though -- it's rather workaround): if you still want to use Chrome as is, start it with the following option:
In WebStorm browsers are configured in "Preferences | Web Browsers"
Try also specifying
--disable-web-security flag -- maybe you need both of them (sorry, I'm not using Chrome myself for developing, so not sure).
In any case: make sure that no Chrome browser is running at that time, otherwise old (already running) instance most likely will be used instead (which did not had those options when launched).
Great! thanks Andriy,
The solution turns out to be to close all chrome browsers and start the live edit. I didnt need to use --disable-web-security flag.
Another life saver from you. I was struggling with this since morning.
Thank you very much!
Wow. Andriy, your 2,282nd post was a life-saver. Thank you so much. The links you gave me to the older docs were *really* helpful. I set it up as Remote and everything worked fine on the first try and I learned a lot in the process. Thanks again.
Same local files / Chrome problem here. And this worked perfectly for me:
Great product so far !