i just decompiled an assembly of a project which was written in VB with the current EAP build and exported the result to a project. I noticed that some VB specific things where not translated to C#. For example:
Could you please attach here an example of the VB assembly, so we can easily reproduce this issue?
This is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
unfortunately i can't give the assembly out of house because it contains confidential code. But i will try to reproduce the problem in a sample solution.
After creating a sample solution i've seen that the export result is more worse than i thought. I've done the following tasks:
The created project contains only links to the original VB sources and DotPeek has overwritten the original Form1.designer.vb file with the generated C# code. I did not see this the first time and fortunately my original sources where write protected. I have attached 2 files: SampleDecompile_Before.zip contains the original solution i created, SampleDecompile_After contains the result after DotPeek has created the project.
Thanks a lot for a detailed repro. I've confirmed this and opened a new issue in YouTrack here: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/DOTP-5134.
Thank you once again!