I'm trying to compare dotCover with NCrunch, and one of the problems I'm having with dotCover is that it doesn't highlight any lines at all, no matter what I do. I have a set of tests with some code coverage using xUnit with the ReSharper xUnit plugin ( I also made one with nUnit and it worked the same). I get code coverage results that seem to be accurate, but I've tried turning highways and on both the main user menu on the toolbar in the code coverage window – neither with any effect.
I thought it might be a conflict with NCrunch, so I removed it and still have the same effect. It seems like the menu item should be a toggle, but it never gets a checkbox or any other indication that it is turned on or off, nor does the button on the toolbar in the code coverage navigate.
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Visual Studio 12.0.21005.1., with JetBrains ReSharper 8.2 Full Edition Build 188.8.131.520, and JetBrains dotCover 2.7.1 Full Edition Build 184.108.40.206 .
I made a tiny test project in Visual Studio 2010 that never had NCrunch installed, and it doesn't work either.
Thank you for contacting us.
Could you please check the following:
- the code you're interested is built with PDBs.
- the code is not filtered out by coverage filters.
- paths to the source files are not changes since the moment when the coverage snapshot was created .
Also, make a HTML report via "Export coverage report...", open it and check if there is highlighting for the code in the right part.
- Everything has PDBs, and the source hasn't moved
- The HTML report has green highlights like the attached snapshot
- The Show Covering Test command works
- The Toggle Code Highlighting command looks like it's a tobble, but it never acquires a checkbox or anything like that when I click it.
- Tried executing dotCover.dotCover_ToggleHighlighting in the Command Window with no results
- Turned off ALL filters
- Checked Highlighting Options - It's 'Shady'. Tried others, and even the standard white VS theme with no change
Note that I'm using xUnit via the xUnit Resharper Plugin, which the docs say should be ok.
Anything else to check?
We had the same issue with ReSharper previously and here is a workaround: http://resharper-support.jetbrains.com/entries/26859128-ReSharper-Fonts-Colors-settings-do-not-appear-in-Visual-Studio-after-installation
Could you please try it and let me know the results.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Same result. I had the color settings in theOptions | Fonts and Colors before, but was hoping that would fix something so I could make the Templates Explorer readable. Didn't really change anything in DotCover.
Is the "Toggle Code Highlighting" menu item supposed to put some kind of visible marker when it's enabled? I would expect a check in the icon area, or something like that but nothing changes. I also ran the toggle command manually a few days ago and that didn't seem to do anything.
Any other ideas?
We prepared a custom build with additional logging: http://download.jetbrains.com/dotcover/dotCoverSetup.220.127.116.11.msi
Please install it and run Visual Studio with the following command line:
'devenv /dotCover.LogFile path_to_the_log_file /dotCover.LogLevel Verbose'
after that run coverage analysis, close VS and send us a resulting log file.
Thanks in advance.